Saturday, August 6, 2011

Final Hours as a Muscovite

Today is our last day in Moscow. Last of the last. It's bittersweet to be sure, but I definitely won't miss the walk to the metro but I will miss living in such a historical and grand city. The packing is done, lessons have been learned, and the final Russian dinner is being made. I'm greatly looking forward to my peanut butter in the airport terminal (thanks, mom!) and being home. In 12 hours, the bus will be here to take us to the airport and then we're all homeward bound!

Hannah and I wrapped up our last day here by people watching in Alexander Garden outside the Kremlin and visiting my favorite place in Moscow, the Red Square, one last time. We drank Coke and talked loudly in English, not caring a single bit. The highlight of today came when a group of young Russian soldiers walked by and Hannah experimented with the surrounding population by yelling "DAT ASS" to the general vicinity. And no one noticed. We thereby concluded that we we're the only Americans in a decent radius.

I've lived here for 10 weeks, learned lots, and become a little bit more Russian than I was before. This was a fantastic experience, but now it's time to head back to American soil! 

See you all on the other side!


(12 hours left in Russia!)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the signs...I did something similar but with the number one. As in one day. So glad I got to count down with you lovely ladies :)

    ReplyDelete